The Parquetborse is here to help you from your initial choice to the finished floor. Here, we guide through the steps of of installing a reclaimed timber floor:
• Sourcing and removal of timber – from old buildings such as schools and factories
• Blocks hand cleaned of all bitumen at our workshop – hand cleaning is a slow laborious process!
• We give you the option of organizing or cleaning the blocks or timber yourself (remember 90% of the bitumen has to be removed)
• Delivery of flooring to site – We will deliver the wood up to 2 weeks before installation takes place. (the flooring needs to acclimatise)
• Sub Floor preparation – we will discuss your current sub floor situation before your quote is provided
• Professional installation in chosen pattern – we offer a variety of different creative and traditional patterns
• Restoration process takes place – including sanding and your choice of finishing product
• We then provide you with information and maintenance advice -
Parquet Flooring reflects the very best of traditional flooring practices. Its hardwood blocks can be laid in a mixture of patterns that will compliment your home surroundings and also reflect your lifestyle, with its charm and beauty. They also come with a choice of edging: Standard (no edging) border edge. A two-block border and a two-block border with a featured strip. Please ask for details.
It provides a wonderful thick layer that enables the block floor to be invigorated many times and as parquet floors are so hard-wearing, they usually outlast the building.
Our reclaimed Parquet flooring is solid wood flooring of the highest quality that was made to last and is environmentally friendly!
Choosing to have reclaimed parquet flooring in your home has many benefits;
Firstly, reclaimed is very environmentally friendly and we encourage this as much as possible. Not only is this fantastic for the environment, we guarantee it is of the best quality and is extremely sustainable. The reclaimed timber we supply will last a life time, but as with all flooring does need some degree of maintenance and care. Solid wood floors are durable and have stood the test of time. Homes that are more than 100 years old can still have the original flooring if they have been cared for properly.
Reclaimed timber has a warmth and character to it. This wood can go through hundreds of years therefore, carries a history and age. This is apparent in the wood, including variations in colour tone either from pure age or years of paint and oxidisation marks from metal fixings etc. Although every effort is made to acclimatise and prepare the timber for installation, reclaimed timber flooring is ‘alive’ and can still expand and contract after installation has been completed therefore, small gaps can appear and disappear over time especially when the seasons change. This is a natural occurrence although we do give advice on how to prevent it. These ‘imperfections’ are what we believe, a stunning and characteristic aspect of reclaimed wood flooring. Therefore, if you are looking for a ‘brand new’ looking floor then reclaimed would probably not be the best choice for you.
Reclaimed parquet and solid wood flooring is available in a wide variety of sizes and species. We can provide almost every species of solid wood and parquet flooring, from pitch pine to oak or tropical species therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us with your requirements.
It can be used to extend an existing floor you may have, can be stained to almost any darker colour tone and can be installed in modern and traditional homes achieving different patterns to your bespoke requirements, making it very versatile and creative.
For all information or advice about reclaimed parquet and solid wood flooring please do not hesitate to contact us.
* Floor Boards
* Wooden Blocks
* Solid Random Length
* Parquet Solid Wood Flooring